Volunteers at CHAF in Bangladesh: Child Health Awareness Foundation (CHAF) is always seeking physicians and medical volunteers to serve the cleft child. The hospital needs physicians of pediatric surgery or plastic surgery and other experienced allied health professionals such as physical, occupational therapists, speech therapists and other health care professionals.
Is there a fee?
We charge $50 for volunteers coming from abroad and BDT 1000 for interns from local institutes as processing fee.
What is the climate like in Bangladesh?
Bangladesh has a tropical monsoon climate, with a hot and rainy summer and a dry pleasant winter.
I can’t speak Bangla. Do I still qualify for an internship?
Yes you do. CHAF also offers translator services if requested by an intern, especially when engaged in field work. Interns have to pay for these translators’ services, as well as for their food and accommodation. Most CHAF staff stationed in the head office can communicate fluently in English.
A minimum of 2 weeks commitment is required
· Must be a qualified physician or other health professional like speech therapist, nutritionist, Nurses, etc.
· Volunteers must provide for their own accommodation and transport.
· English Proficiency
· Each volunteer will submit copies of:
o Curriculum vitae;
o Certificate of degree and specialization;
o Certificate of registration in native country;
o Two passport size photographs
Volunteer Program Details:
· Office hours will be from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
· The physician and nurse may also participate in evening and night program of cleft child operation and follow up.
· Scheduling is flexible so each physician will have some free time for traveling.
· At the end, the volunteers will be issued with a Certificate and a letter confirming their participation in the program.
· Medical professionals are welcome!
CHAF would love to work with you.
Please contact us or submit your form below.
Address: 4/9 Humayun Road (Ground Floor), Mohammedpur, Dhaka 1207, Bangladesh
Phone: +88 01634111100.