Programmatic Goal and Strategies
Program Goal-1: Demonstrate effective, comprehensive and sustainable model of intervention for cleft lip and palate children in Bangladesh
- Scale up comprehensive & sustainable treatment services model integrating cleft lip, cleft palate, craniofacial surgery.
- Functional and learning allies with Government, NGOs/CBOs, private sectors, & other institutions.
- Capacity building of health service professional through effective formal and on the job training.
Program Goal-2: Scale up comprehensive & integrated speech therapy after cleft lip and palate as well as craniofacial surgery of children
- Grounding holistic, responsive, sustainable, and pro-poor programs with special focus to cleft lip and palate treatment.
- Increase coverage and access to comprehensive speech therapy among target group.
- Increase family, community awareness about speech therapy and different child anomalies.
Program Goal-3: Increase level of education, health awareness and provide adequate services among children, adolescent, young and adults
- Inclusion mother health especially for pregnant women in Bangladesh.
- Access of general health services to the poor people specially employed and unemployed women.
- Health education including nutrition edification to adolescent and young and adults.
Program Goal-4: Strengthen community involvement and mobilization and ensure responsiveness of government and other stakeholders towards effective services to mother and children
- Make sensible to government, non-government and civil society to act and contribute for ensuring mother and child health anomalies.
- Socially and economically marginalized people specially women empower enough to participate in decision making process and contribute to reduce gender based violence at all level, sigma & discrimination.
- Community mobilization through ensuring women solidarity, men participation, enhances capacity and income generation.
- Upholding rights & social coherence of socially marginalized people and reduce legal barrier, human rights violation, stigma & discrimination.
- Networking and alliance with different Government , non-government and private organizations
Program Goal-5: Secure the long term viability and sustainability of CHAF
- Establish a resource center to make skill and knowledgeable human resources.
- Capacity building effort for CHAF staff on organizational development, good governess, leadership, financial management.
- Establishment of Primary health care center including HTC (HIV Testing and Counseling), medicine shop, child and mother care hospital, crisis care center etc.
- Networking and alliance with different Government, non-government and private organizations including Department of Youth Development (DYD).